WUS MED is a politically independent association committed to academic freedom and the encouraging of the potential of academic cooperation and international relations.
Our vision is to be the competent partner for the development of higher education as key factor for socio-economic and political advancement of societies.
We stand out as basic and fundamental objectives that are given below:
- To promote, coordinate, develop and evaluate activities in international cooperation for sustainable human development in the mediterranean countries.
- Develop education, training, communication and research that are directed to respond to the needs of the social, economic and cultural development of Latin American society, focusing specially on issues of common interest with the in the mediterranean countries.
- Collaborate in the creation and management of centers for teaching, research, development and innovation to help achieve the goals of WUS MED.
- Enhance knowledge transfer from the University through advice, encouragement and possible participation in companies for the use, dissemination and commercialization of knowledge.
- Participate and activate various research projects in the areas of the own work of WUSMED and that are of interest to institutions, universities, NGOs for Development and companies from both continents.
- Organize activities and disseminate information such as scholarships, prizes, contests, seminars, courses, seminars, conferences, academic meetings and other events.